THE LAST EMERGING ECONOMY
Why Iran’s Economy Matters
The $400 billion economy is the second-largest in the Middle East , Iran’s biggest regional rival. With a population of 77 million, for years cut off from trade with the West and its financial services, Iran is a major attraction for investors struggling with slow growth at home.
Iran’s central bank predicts expansion between 5 and 6 percent in the current financial year. The government is targeting average annual growth of 8 percent up to 2020.
The Outlook for the Iranian Economy
According to a report published by International Monetary Fund, Iran has already taken important measures to secure macroeconomic stability, including an important decline in the rate of inflation. That was done despite an episode of increased costs of trade and financial transactions, and limited access to foreign exchange assets that caused inflation to jump and the Rial to depreciate significantly. That achievement will serve Iran well as its implementation the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action continues.
With the oil sector regaining access to export markets, with businesses and banks facing lower transaction costs as they reintegrate into global trade and financial systems, both the oil and non-oil economy will gain.
IRAN Opportunities and Strengths at a Glance:
• The second largest economy in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region
• $426 billion GDP: world ranking 29
• 4.3% increasing GDP growth
• Population of over 78m+ people and growing middle class
• An upper-middle income economy, with annual GNI per capita of around $5,780
• World’s largest known natural gas reserves and the fourth largest oil reserves;
• Large domestic market
• Current account surpluses
• Large FX reserves and good (double digit) import cover
• Very low external debt obligations
• A diversified economy (including a significant manufacturing sector), all backed up by a large, youthful, well-educated and welcoming population
• global commercial interest in Iranian markets (including the energy sector, tourism, consumer goods, construction and automobiles) is deepening
• With rising inward investment and an improvement in the public finances, private consumption will also strengthen (as will import growth).
The removal of sanctions will ease trading and payment conditions substantially and allow for higher levels of foreign investment. Positive trends also include a demographic shift heralding a decline in Iran’s surplus-labor dynamic, a more responsible government and a realization by the government that Iran can no longer rely as heavily on revenue from oil exports as it has in the past.
Out of 17 regional countries, Iran ranks:
• 2nd in market opportunities
• 6th in political stability
• 6th in macroeconomic environment
• 7th in infrastructure
• 8th in the labor market
IRAN’S GATEWAY TO FOREIGN INVESTMENT
Kish at a glance:
With an area about 91 Km, Kish Island is located in south part of Iran and in north part of Persian Gulf zone. Kish Island, as one of the most important free zones in Iran, is considered as a gateway to the other parts of the country and because of its special features, has been identified as a leading region to introduce the investment opportunities in Iran and an appropriate place for foreign entities to enter Iran’s market. It is worth noting that Kish Island was ranked among the world’s 10 most beautiful islands by The New York Times in 2010, and is the fourth most visited vacation destination in Southwest Asia.
Kish Free Zone operations and affairs are managed by an organization whose responsibilities have been defined and approved by the Supreme Council of Free Trade-Industrial Zones. Kish Free Zone Organization is managed by a board of directors that holds all powers, defined by the law addressing how to manage trade-industrial free zone, necessary for conducting commitments set by the statute. K.F.Z.O fully support Kish INVEX exhibition and summit.
Unique Advantages of Kish Free Zone:
• Enormous attractions of tourism
• Access to world free waters
• No need to visa for foreign visitors
• Strategic situation and closeness to Asalooyeh oil zones
• Independent airlines and shipping lines
• Appropriate intercity transportation facilities
• Access and closeness to international ports and cities like Dubai, Sharjah, Manama and Doha
BEST PLATFORM FOR IRAN’S REINTEGRATION INTO THE WORLD ECONOMY
• More than 500 pre-registered VIPs;
• More than 200 pre-qualified potential business partners and project owners;
• More than 400 pre-qualified business meetings;
• More than 30 thought leader, and etc.
DO BUSINESS WITH IRAN
• POPULATION of over 78m+ people and growing middle class.
• 8th EDITION of the largest and best attended investment platform in Iran.
• OPEN DOORS for business to all countries.
• EASY ACCESS to do business through Kish Free Zone. (no visas, tax breaks)
• RAPID GROWTH in all sectors. Especially finance, infrastructure and petrochemical industries.
• LIMITED COMPETITION. Gain quick market share in the largest untapped market in the world.
• MOTIVATED, willing and opportunistic business leaders seeking foreign partners.
• FAVOURABLE terms and conditions for partnerships with Iranian project holders.
BEST PRACTICE TO ENTER IRAN
• PRE-QUALIFY target clients or partners using a trusted source and market expert, reducing your opportunity cost. Don’t just show up.
• LEVERAGE existing knowledge of doing business in Iran with vetted local partners.
• EDUCATE yourself on business etiquette local cultural customs.
• LEARN about legal frameworks and business landscape (fastest growing sectors and key players) to make market entrance more efficient.
• TAILOR your product or service using benchmarks of other successful companies that are expanding their presence in Iran.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR:
• GUARANTEED MEETINGS matching you with your ideal target client;
• LIMITED COMPITION by sector;
• LIMITED RISK and opportunity cost;
• AND many more opportunities,
IT WOULD BE OUR PLEASURE TO SEE YOUR PRESENCE IN KISH INVEX 2017.